At Chiropractic by Thriveology in Denver, our chiropractic care can help with these ailments: migraines and tension headaches, stress and anxiety, fibromyalgia, weak immune systems, lack of flexibility, and more. We’ve found that people often think that we can only help with back problems, but knowing that these various other issues can be improved and even solved by chiropractic care can help you improve your overall health care and well-being.
Let’s look at how chiropractic care can help with these ailments.
Migraines and Tension Headaches
The majority of Americans suffer from headaches. They range from occasional to persistent and vary in severity and location on the head. Though taking pain relievers and pain killers can help with migraines and headaches, spinal manipulation has been shown to be an effective way to treat both, especially if your pain is actually originating in your neck.
Most people who get regular headaches are not aware that neck muscle tension is actually the root of many headaches. Your neck muscle tension causes tension in your upper back as well as joint irritation and scalp tension, all of which ultimately contribute to a headache or a migraine. Chiropractic professionals, such as the ones we have at Chiropractic by Thriveology in Denver, can help relieve your headache troubles. Here’s how our methods can address this particular issue:
- Alleviate stress on your system by performing manipulations and adjustments that will improve your spine’s function and reduce muscle tension.
- Offer possible relaxation tips, exercises, and advice on ergonomics and posture.
- Offer possible dietary and nutritional recommendations, including supplements.
Stress and Anxiety
Your spine is the root of your nervous system. Your nerve impulses travel through your spine to your brain and the rest of your body. This is the system most influenced by stress and anxiety. Our day-to-day lives can be filled with environmental stress (noise, weather, chemical exposures, etc.), physical stress (lack of sleep, illnesses, disease, injuries, and more), and emotional stress (our reactions and feelings). Modern society has contributed more stressors to our lives with the rise of technology and influence of social media, as well as the increasing complexity of our daily lives.
All of this stress impacts your nervous system and over time, it can create more problems. Chiropractic care works to relax your nervous system and improve your circulatory system, which will help reduce your stress and help your anxiety. Your chiropractic professional may have other recommendations to help as well. Here’s how chiropractic care can help with these ailments:
- Release muscle tension. Chronic stress and anxiety create immense amounts of tension in your body. This creates uneven pressures on your bones, which can cause your spine to be misaligned. Manipulating your spine can help return your body to a more relaxed, aligned state.
- Reduce nerve irritation in your spine and improve circulation of your blood. This can help reduce your body’s fight or flight response to stress and anxiety.
- Suggest potential supplements to help your body cope with daily stressors.
- Discuss changes to your environment and relaxation techniques to help you recover from anxiety and stress.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal condition that is characterized by widespread joint pain, muscle aches, and fatigue. This disorder also often includes having other issues such as TMJ pain, irritable bowel syndrome, endometriosis, and more. Often those who suffer from fibromyalgia also experience mood issues such as depression.
Fibromyalgia is complicated and poorly understood and the cause of this condition is not yet known. As a result, treating this condition can be complicated and it can be difficult to address all the associated symptoms; however, one study found that 60% of the fibromyalgia sufferers that were treated with chiropractic care found substantial improvement in their symptoms. Chiropractic care improved patient’s sleep and decreased both their fatigue and pain. Here’s how our methods can address this particular issue:
- Help improve the nervous system of a fibromyalgia patient, which may help give them a better chance at relief.
- Treat pressure points to help alleviate pain.
Immune System Issues
Your immune system depends on your body feeling its best. Your nervous system, endocrine system, and immune system are all linked together. Some researchers believe that spinal misalignments cause neural dysfunctions, which are stressful to the body. They believe that all of this can lead to a poor immune response.
Chiropractic care has been shown to reduce stress in the nervous system. This reduction of stress can boost both the nervous system response and the immune system response. Also, given that chiropractic care can improve your sleep and your mood, this creates a positive cycle allowing your body’s immune system to work better. Here’s how chiropractic care can help with these ailments:
- Improve responses of the nervous system, which helps the immune system.
- Help reduce stress, which will assist with boosting immunity.
As we age, our bodies can become less flexible for a variety of reasons. Injuries are often a reason for a loss of flexibility. Degenerative conditions can also contribute to issues with flexibility. If it is painful to move, sometimes we avoid certain motions creating a downward spiral toward less flexibility. The less range of motion you use, the less range of motion you end up having.
Sometimes, scar tissue will build up around an area and lack of exercise can compound issues with stiffness and mobility. Regular chiropractic care can help with flexibility as well as range of motion. Here’s how our methods can address this particular issue:
- Realign joints and bones to help with pain and improve flexibility.
- Recommend exercises to help with flexibility and pain.
Overall, chiropractic care can help with these ailments and more. Chiropractics can help improve so many of your body’s issues. Relief from these issues can give you a huge boost in the overall quality of your day-to day life. If you would like help with these ailments or others, contact us at Chiropractic by Thriveology in Denver. Seeing one of our specialists can get you started on a path toward feeling better and improving your life.